Monday, February 25, 2008

Venting

I just need to vent a little.
First why does the dog think I am the only one in the house that can let him out in the middle of the night. He will wake me up from a dead sleept to let him out even when my husband can be wide awake. Winston (the dog) got lucky tonight. I didn't fuss at him because Bill was actually asleep tonight.

Secondly, why doesn't my child listen to me when I tell her either not to do something or to do something in a nice calm voice. I have to raise my voice to get her attention. Obviously tonight was a night that she would do the exact opposite of what I was saying. (Mom, you can stop laughing...I know paybacks are hell!) I used a nice calm voice when I would speak to her but she just ignored me. I would say it twice then the third time I had to raise my voice and sound mean to get her attention. I know we were both tired. She ended up in time out several times before bed time. OH how she hates time out and cried the entire time. We went to bed early..8:30. My patience was wearing very thin at that point.

Tomorrow will be a better day!

3 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

We all have those days:). My kids all think, for some reason, that I am the only one who can turn on the computer for them to play games - sorry I know that one was a comparison to Winston.

Tomorrow will be better;).

Anonymous said...

You said it for me so I won't say it again...but I can sure think it. Love, Mom

Deanna said...

I hope today is a better day for you Robin! I have an 18 year old and a 7 year old... Both girls... We definitely have those days!

Judy, Judy, Judy!!! It's not nice to harass your darling daughter like that!

Take care of you Robin!