Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

This morning I took the trash outside and walked right passed this pretty basket filled with goodies. It was when I came back into the house that I noticed it. Of course it didn't say who it was for or who it was from but I knew instantly. My neighbor friend loves to leave goodies for Addie. It started with Addie's first birthday...every year she leaves Addie's birthday presents on the front porch. She will leave Christmas presents too like that. I grabbed the camera and snapped a picture of it before Addie saw it.


As we where leaving, I had my camera in hand again. Addie walked right by it too. That didn't surprise me because in the mornings we are so focused to get in the car so I can take her to preschool and then off to work I go. I had to call her name for her to look back to notice it. (again, she is NOT a morning person during the week..now weekends, she wakes up at the crack of dawn and is ready to go)



Here is Bill with his Valentine present from Addie and me. He said he is going to take it to work to share the peanuts with a coworker. (He had just bought peanuts for home today!)




I received a pretty bouquet of flowers from Bill.




Bill got Addie a balloon and a box of chocolates. (like we need more candy here!) I tried to take a picture of her with the balloon but she kept putting it in front of her face. Silly girl.



Addie is playing with a pen that was in her basket from this morning. It lights up. Addie also had a Valentine dinner with Kami, my neighbor friend. We went to thank her for the basket and Addie sweet talked her way into staying for a bit. Spoiled little girl...she loves playing with Kami.


OH MY GOSH!!! This is the bag of candy had in her Valentine bag from preschool. Really??? Do 3 year olds need this much candy???? I put it all in a ziplock bag so I can put it up. I will be controlling the candy consumption over the next few weeks. (Then it will be Easter and more candy..ugh)
Hope you had a great Valentine's day!!!!

2 comments:

Lesli said...

What a sweet neighbor you have - It looks like a great day was had all around!

Lucy Filet said...

That's so sweet! Addie is adorable (and that putting things in front of their faces when you're trying to take pictures, mine ALL did that, still do as a matter of fact).

That's an awful lot of candy, I do agree.