Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Feb 12th

The day started off a very wet and loud one. Around 3:30 am the thunder woke me up then Winston barking. Everytime it went boom he would bark. It took me forever to get him to settle down with this thunderstorm. Finally went back to sleep for a bit before the alarm went off at 5:30. Of course I had to hit the snooze button a couple times before I got up to get ready for work.

Addie is not a morning person. We had trouble finding one of her favorite pair of crocs. She ended up having to wear her MaryJane red crocs. It is very wear that she doesn't put her crocs on to wear. I make sure she has thick socks on so her feet don't get cold.
This is her on the way to preschool. She looks so excited!!! NOT



This is Addie's preschool class where she spends her days. In the mornings all the kids are in one room when I drop her off..this picture looks like she is the only one there. I have started taking her in through Ms. Deb's room so she can have some space. My niece, SB, is in her class too. SB gets there before we do and she is so excited to see Addie everyday and Addie needs her personal space first thing in the morning!!!



On my way to work---it is a yucky raining morning...good morning to stay in bed. I drive back roads to work instead of the interstate..I have about a 25 mile commute. Takes the same amount time and is much more peaceful drive. I get to see cows, horse, llamas, goats and always on the look out for any deer that my want to cross the road.



This is my cubicle. I spend 8 hours of my day in this little space. Our department is in the middle of being transferred to a different location and we are all being phased out. Most of my co-workers were laid off on 12/31/07. A few more left on 1/31/08 then some more will leave at the end of this month. I have been asked to stay until 3/31/08. It is really weird on my floor. At the moment we are down to 9 people compared to 40 people on our side of the floor. Almost 400 people are affected by this change and layoff. Corporate America.



This is a scary picture of me driving home from work---it really isn't that dark outside.



Hehehe..my friend, Christie, from work gave me a couple of rib bones to give to Winston. Here I am enticing him with one. He was funny later because he kept going into to the kitchen where the other one was on the counter.



Look what I got!!! A new hairdryer. My friend, Joy, got one for her birthday and I asked Tina, the person, that gave it to her where she got it. She said she had bought two and would give me the other one. Joy brought it to work. Can't wait to use it on my natural curly hair. Bill saw it and asked me where did the fan come from??? fan??? It is a hair dryer silly!!! (and I needed a new hair dryer)




We are on a kick of being lazy when we get home and not wanting to cook dinner..okay that is me every night after work. Stopped and got us some BBQ. I did open up a can of corn and heated it up..so technically I did cook! LOL





If you have been reading my blog this week, but you can't guess what Addie and I watched eating dinner...the first two guesses don't count. Yes, it was Underdog! But at 7:00 the tv was switched American Idol. American Idol is one of two reality shows I watch--don't really care for most of the others (the other reality show I watch is Rock of Love with Brett Michaels on VH-1..and that is just watching a train wreck..it is my guilty pleasure--it cracks me up)

This was Hollywood week tonight. Looks like there is some really awesome singers this year. Can't wait to see who will be in the final 24.


While I was watching American Idol, Addie was drawing on the floor in front of me. She can go through some paper now. Then she had me draw things like a flower, snowman, snake, house, etc.


Here is Winston snuggled up to me while we watch American Idol. I didn't get a picture of Bill today. He was late coming home. Maybe next time.......



These are my two favorite drawings that Addie did tonight! My sweet little artist!!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Great pics, I love the one of Winston licking his lips!

Lucy Filet said...

Thanks. Seeing your pics gave me a little pick me up:).

Amy said...

Loved getting this walk through your day...and I'm so with you on the Brett Michaels thing...it's like a train wreck I can't help but watch

Judy said...

All I can say is "like mother like daughter". You were never very perky in the morning when you were her age either.