Wednesday, February 27, 2008

My baby girl is sick

My sweet little girl is sick tonight. My sis called me about 6:30 to tell me that I needed to pick up Addie from Awana's because she had diarrhea and they were bringing Addie to her. I only live a few minutes from the church so I went to get her. She acted fine. Sometimes when she poops she will say she has diarrhea.(something her Daddy taught her) When I went to get her coat, I spoke to one of her teachers and they did say that the other teacher went to the bathroom with her and said it was indeed diarrhea. But she begged to stay. The other kids where in the Family Life Center so I let her play a game because it only happened once and she was acting okay. I was chit chatting with my sister when I saw the teacher take her the bathroom. I followed them to the bathroom and Addie didn't do anything but I decided to take her home anyway. OHHHHHHHHH she was soooooooo upset. She cried the entire way home. When I was unlocking the door, she threw up on both of us. The smell was horrible and it was in my hair. AGHH. I called my neighbor to come help me because (let's face it) my husband is useless in situations like this. I opened the door and yelled for him to bring me a towel. I stripped her down on the front porch and wrapped her up in the towel. By now my neighbor was here. She helped with Addie while I got my stinky clothes off. Then Addie and I took a shower because it was both in our hair. Did I say how bad the smell was??? We have been through a few changes of clothes now. I think she has thrown up about 6 times now. She is sleeping on the couch with a towel under hair. I am washing blankets and clothes. Probably more than you wanted to know. I hate seeing her like this because I feel so helpless and can't fix it.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I know how she feels, bless her heart, I had the same thing two weeks ago and ended up in the ER. I hope she's feeling better soon. I know you feel too my baby, even though she's 19, was sick a few days after me and I had to play nurse (she turns back into a two year old when she's sick!)

Lucy Filet said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! That's one of those really sucky things! I used to get the vomiting a lot when I was a kid. I think it was my Achille's heel:).

And I just don't do vomit. I CAN do it, but that's usually where my husband comes in. He can't do poo and I can't do vomit.

Amy said...

aww! that crap is so going around...hope she's better soon..:-)

Anonymous said...

I hope your little girl is feeling better soon.

I find your blog by following a link on lisa bearnson's blog. We have the same name so I clicked on your blog to check it out.

Robin Dian

Deanna said...

Awww... Poor baby... I hope she gets to feeling better really soon!

Lesli said...

I am so sorry to hear she is not doing well - I hope she recovers soon ! {{{HUGS}}}

Annette said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet baby! She's so cute! Love your blog & your creations!

Colleen said...

I know how you feel. It is so hard to have your little ones sick. I just came back from taking mine to the doctor. My kids don't get sick often, but when they do, watch out. Glad to hear that another little one is enjoying Awanas. Mine were/are both in. Sarah my oldest one misses going, but she got to old and Kristen loves it, but is getting frustrated this year.