Sunday, March 2, 2008

My Saturday

It was a gorgeous day here yesterday. The temps were in the 70s. We had a busy afternoon planned. Addie had a birthday party at 1:00 at McDonald's for a little boy in her preschool class. Then we went my niece's first soccer game at 3:00. Here are some pictures from the day.

Addie watching tv intently in the morning. After she saw I had the camera out she wanted her turn with the camera. Thank goodness for digital..if we had film we wouldn't be able to develop all of the shots. Sorry, I am not going to share the horrible shots she took of me. I don't think you want to be scared.


But she insisted we take a picture of the two of us. It is a thing we do now. She was holding out the camera and snapped this shot.


Here is her daddy! Can you tell he is saying "cheese" Before she snapped the picture, she would state "say cheese!"


A sign of spring--a lone daffodil blooming in the front.


I made Addie stand by the flower so I could get this picture.


Yippie! It is party time. Addie had a ball playing at McDonalds at the party. She and the birthday boy were together at all times. This is the little guy that turned her onto Spiderman at Halloween. Ever since then she is all about Spiderman. Funny thing, she has not watched any of the Spiderman movies!

Cake and ice cream time.


Addie taking a picture of herself at SB's soccer game. She was not happy when we go to the game. She wanted to play soccer with SB. Addie cried and cried. I had to explain to her that she was not old enough but when she turned 4 she would be able to play soccer. I let her have the camera and she started taking pictures. There were lots of shots of the ground but at least she was happy. She cheered SB's team.


Here is a lovely shot of me. Addie was on Pawpaw's shoulders.

I took the camera back so I could get a sweet picture of Pawpaw and Addie..but as you can see she wanted the camera back!

Here is SB going for the ball! (I took this shot!)
I left before the game ended. Addie stayed with Nanny and Pawpaw. They were taking both girls home with them. I stopped by both of the LSS to see if I could get inspiration and some of my mojo back. Hopefully today, I will be a little more creative but it is a sunny day and the temp is suppose to be in the 70s..so I think Addie and I will be going to the park. I did get my haircut. I had two inches taken off the length. Maybe it won't be so wild now!
When I got to my mom and dad's to pick up Addie, she wasn't ready to go. She told me she wanted to stay there. I hung out with Mom and Dad's for awhile and we ate dinner over there. Addie still doesn't have much of an appetite from being sick. Then about 8:00 we headed home. Addie feel asleep in the car. That is my Saturday in a nutshell!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Addie is quite the little photographer! It looks like she had a fun day, I'm glad she's feeling all better.

Judy said...

You were really into taking pictures when you were Addie's age. Miss Mary got you into photography when you went to preschool at Schul.

Lucy Filet said...

What a good day! My 5 year old (Seth) LOVES to take pictures. He has since he was about Addie's age. We bought him his own cheap little digital camera but he likes camera phones better.

Lesli said...

Wonderful, Wonderful photos - I wish it was in the 70's here :)

Amy said...

So glad Addie is feeling better! Love all the pics!