Monday, March 3, 2008

It's a Monday

The great weather of the weekend has disappeared. It has turned cold. The low tonight is in the 20s and they are calling for snow. But since the ground is warm it probably won't stick.

Here is a funny from this morning:
After I got Addie dressed this morning, she got up saying she needed to get her gloves. I didn't pay any attention thinking she was going to get her socks. I went into her room. She had one glove on her hand and was searching for the other. I helped her find the other glove then she told me she needed a hat too. I put the matching hat onto her head. Then I put her socks on her feet and told her to get her shoes so we could go. (She didn't ask for her jacket..she was wearing a shirtshirt, knit pants, socks, crocs and her gloves and hat) We went outside to get loaded up in the car. She looked around then looked at me. She shook her head then said, "There's no snow!" I started laughing because I hadn't figured out what had prompted the gloves and hat until that moment. She had been listening to the TV. The weather is calling for snow in part of the state tomorrow morning. I asked her if she was listening to the TV. She said yes. I told her it is suppose to snow tomorrow but we would just have to wait and see what happens.

4 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

Too funny! When we lived in Africa, my two older boys watched all those Christmas specials where it snows (now I grew up in Houston so I know what that's like) and asked me when it would snow. When we found out we were coming back to Poland, I told them it will snow between your birthdays (December and January) and there's been NO SNOW this winter! What a liar I am. But they're stopped asking, so either they recognize that I am a liar or they know that snow is cold and they're not so much into that:).

Lesli said...

Such a great story - at least she was prepared :)

Amy said...

What a cute story...I read your mom's blog and she said you were sick, hope you're feeling better soon!

Lucy Filet said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're sick. Hope you feel better. I REALLY hate those stomach bugs.