Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt & Daffodil festival

Saturday we took Addie to an Easter Egg Hunt at the courthouse in the little town where we live. It was close enough for us to walk. It is about 8 blocks away. Here is Bill and Addie walking in front of me. Yes, she has a Spiderman Easter basket. My girlie girl..NOT!

Lots of people showed up. The Easter Egg hunt for 4 and under was at 11:00. There were not enough eggs for the amount of people. They also announced there were $100 savings bonds in two of the eggs. Some of the parents of the other children were rude. Addie was a little timid at the amount of people. I was showing her a egg and had just said, "Addie here is one." Then some rude lady swooped it up for her toddler as Addie was bending down to pick it up. AGHHHHHH..I managed to get Addie one Easter egg for her basket. What a big disappointment it turned out to be.



Only 1 Easter egg........yup..just one. Look at the poor face! Then we stood in line for about 20 minutes to have Addie's picture taken with the Easter bunny. She was fine the whole time until it was our turn and the little toddler before us was crying. Then Addie turned shy and stood behind her daddy. I sat down with the bunny hoping she would come over..Nope, didn't work. Bill snapped this shot. Now that I look at it I am wondering why they had place the Easter Bunny here. This was in a gazebo on the courthouse grounds. I cropped out the "Vote Here" sign on the building behind us. It was too tacky. They should have put the Easter Bunny in front of the bushes. I guess they didn't ask my opinion!

The local humane society had a few animals for adoption. Addie decided she needed to take pictures of them all. Here is the bunny that was there.


Later that day we drove to the Daffodil Festival. There were rows and rows and rows of daffodils. We got some great shots. My friends, Joy, Tina and Holly (Tina's daughter) were there too. Tina took the picture of the the three of us. Bill and I took turns taking pictures. I had to keep asking for the camera back so I could some shots I wanted. LOL










Me, Tina and Joy
I hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

6 comments:

Judy said...

I love the pictures taken at Wye Mountain. You'll have to upload them to Walgreens for me so I can get prints. Also the one of Bill and Addie walking down the street.

I hate it that the Easter egg hunt was such a disappointment.

Anonymous said...

Oh, your photos are so pretty. I'm sorry to hear that some of the parents were so competetive. Maybe you can get involved and help them plan a better hunt for next year. I feel so bad for your daughter and for others who may not have had anyone help them find an egg.

Happy Easter.

Lisa said...

I know what you mean about rude adults at Easter egg hunts! Some people just have the nerve! Great pictures though.

Lucy Filet said...

Gosh, I remember those days. When Pamela was the only one we would get involved in those Easter egg hunts. Now that we have our own little army, I never attend those hunts. I'm happy to have my small competitive group;).

Those daffodils are beautiful! Looks like you're having nice weather. It snowed the day before and the day after Easter (but not on Easter!).

Amy said...

I can't stand rude people...especially rude parents..but at least you got a lot of great pictures!

dianna said...

Ok,
That pic of your Hubby in those flowers....gotta be great ammo someday for something*!*

Your little one is a cutie patootie :)