Monday was the last day of my employment. It was a bittersweet day. We were told in Jan 2007 that we would be laid off due to the parent company wanted to consodilate all of the subsidiaries servicing areas into one. We were told the projected date for this to take place was end of 3rd quarter 2007 (sept). By end of July we were told it would be 12/31/07. In November I was giving an end date of 1/31/08. I was one of 5 in my department that would stay beyond 12/31/07. Lucky me!!! Then mid-Jan I was asked to stay until 2/29/08. And once again, on 1/31/08 I was asked to stay until 3/31/08. Since I knew the job market is not great I stayed.
On Monday I was just wanted to day to be over with. Luckily we got to leave at 2:00. It was very hard to say goodbye to my dear friend, Christie. She hasn't been giving her end date yet. She has been with the company for 16-17 years. We said our goodbyes then I shouldn't have looked back because I saw her teary-eyed. I held my tears in and said my goodbyes. Then my friend, Joy and another co-worker walked out of the department. As soon as the door shut and we were waiting for the evelator..we all three burst into tears at the same time. It was comical. We started laughing in the evelator on are final ride to the 1st floor to turn in our badges, parking passes and our time for that day. Then that was it...well, the 3 of us meet up for a drink right afterwards. LOL
Tuesday--the 1st day at my new career..full time CEO of my household. OMG..it is a physical job too! Okay, so I have neglected the house the last month and I have some major declutter and deep cleaning ahead of me. I spent a good portion of the day picking up, straightening and cleaning. I wanted to get things a little bit in order before I pick a room for the day to concentrate on the deep cleaning and decluttering. I made Addie put her toys up that I collected throughout the house before she could play with her cousin, SB, after I picked her up from school. It was unreal all the toys over the house. I was ready to go to bed at 8:45.
I need to go to the unemployment office and get signed up. I should have done it on Tuesday but it just makes it all final. But I plan to do that after I drop Addie at preschool. Hopefully I can start back scrapbooking some this week too.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








6 comments:
Take time to enjoy your new "CEO" position! I know it's hard, but sometimes the break can be nice. Thanks for leaving well wishes on my blog :)
It sounds like you had an emotional day, change can be very trying. I'm sure everything will work out for you. In the meantime enjoy your new position and have fun with your darling daughter!
I feel for you, I hate change. And you SO deserved a drink after that:).
I'm doing the same thing as you and I've been the CinC House (we're Army, Commander in Chief) for the last 11 years and I STILL cannot get caught up on all the cleaning I have to do - LOL.
Enjoy your break. And go to the unemployment office!:)
Hope you can catch your breath for a while...yuck for you hu?
Nothing like a big, fat wrench thrown in things to throw everything off balance...
keep smiling sister friend :)
oh Robin, I'm sorry that you had to leave, but am sure that whatever lies ahead will be what is right for you. Enjoy your time at home with your daughter.
I hope you're doing okay, and just real busy with home stuff now:). I'm missing your posts:).
Post a Comment