Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lain's 30 minute challenge

I made this layout for Lain's 30 minute challenge . The challenge was the following:


Now, for next week, create a layout in 30 minutes or less using:
-Something that's been in your stash for a L-O-N-G time (special award to the oldest stash item used on a layout)
-A wallet-sized photo (you can use more, but at least one photo of this size)
-Your happy color!


I wrote the journaling on the back. These two girls were two of my first Head Start kids. I worked for the Head Start in my county from 1994 to 2000. The first center I was the director was only one room in an elementary school in a rural area. I was the director/teacher. These two girls were two of my favorites. I had them in my center for two years then got to watch them grow up as they entered the elementary school. Then I was moved to a different location. They use to make them laugh when they would call me their "white momma."

I found this picture in a picture frame while I was working in the basement Monday. It brought back some great memories.

For the challenge:

1. The ribbon I have had since 2002. Everything else has been purchased since then.

2. It is a wallet sized photo. I have decided to make a couple of 6x6 albums that I have using wallet sized photos. I have a bunch of those around here. And I would like to display them in a better way.

3. Happy Color--while yellow is not normally one of my happy colors..it was a beautiful sunny day and the yellow in the paper seemed to highlight the day!!!!!!! So, it was my happy color for the day on Monday.


4 comments:

Lucy Filet said...

So sweet! My daughter was in Head Start way back when.

Love the colors!

Judy said...

That's a great picture of them.

Lisa said...

Great job on a tough challenge!

Thank you for going back and voting...I am so frustrated with them right now, they changed the rules midstream, anyway one more challenge and I am through with Kits & Pieces!

Anonymous said...

Oh they are so cute..Mariah # 2457