Since I have been home almost 3 months, the trash man has NEVER picked up the trash before 9:00. So, I normally don't put it out until I take Addie to preschool. This morning was not the case. I had just gotten out of the shower when I thought I heard the trash truck. I thought to myself maybe it was a trash truck picking up a dumpster or something..or another trash service. I live in a town that the residence has to pay for their own trash so there are several services. After I got dressed, I went outside and set the trash out. I noticed on the other street that it looked like the trash had been picked up. I didn't see my neighbor's trash. As I was taking Addie to school I noticed that all the trash can lids were opened...so it was the trash truck I had heard. Luckily, we didn't produce much trash this week so I thought it would be okay to go another week but there was something in the trash that smelled rotten. I left the trash can at the curb for a little while then I took the can of Lysol out and sprayed the inside to help with the odor. I pulled the trash can back to its spot by the carport. About a half hour later I heard the trash truck. I immediately jumped up and looked at the window and there it was..right in front of the house. I opened the door and held my hand up to the driver mouthing hold on. I pushed that trash can out to the curb in record speed. All the while, the driver is holding up his hands trying to tell me 6:00. I went around the driver side and he rolled down the window. He said I needed to have the trash out by 6:00. I told him I thought it was 7:00..I told him he got that earlier than he normally does and knew I had missed him this week. He said he was in the area and came back by because none of us on my street had our trash out. I thanked him from coming back. So, I think the trash man and I are on better terms now. Okay this is probably more than you really wanted to know about this story.









5 comments:
Sweet layouts.
I love that red, white and blue layout. It would go great with a picture of me in my underwear:).
We have these weird little "houses" for our trash cans. They have a gate from our yard and a gate from outside for the trash man. I like the way it goes because you don't have to remember to haul your trash cans in or out, you just take the trash out to the cans daily. It's one of those smart things that I will take with me when I build my own house (HAHA!).
I am so glad that you and your garbage man are on better terms!! lol
The layouts are precious!
Those lay outs are too sweet*!*
You win the prize for the best smelling trash can...because I'm sure no one else bothers to spray Lysol in theirs.
Adorable layouts...the red/white/blue one is fantastic!! I love it. XOOXO
Post a Comment