Monday, May 26, 2008

baby shower

Yesterday, Addie and I went to the baby shower for our friends. I must say it was an experience. AND I should have known not to eat before I got there. Since Addie and I had some time to kill before the baby shower, we stopped at Taco Bell to have lunch. There was so much food. Bill's buddy family is from Serbia and the baby shower was at their church in the reception hall. Since Addie and I had some time to kill before the baby shower, we stopped at Taco Bell to have lunch. Well, this turned out to be a luncheon. On the menu was brisket with a mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, roasted peppers, lasgana (that was awesome), salad, bread and fruit (watermelon, grapes and cantelope). OMG..the food was wonderful. I just took a sample of most of it. Then the desserts..........there were at least 10 desserts....it was unbelievable! One of Sto's Aunts made this cake. She made the little baby on the cake..isn't it adorable???


Our friends received lots and lots of gifts. The baby won't have to wear the same outfit twice because she has so many clothes. LOL


She opened one of the gifts that took a couple people to help her because it was wrapped around. When it was all out of the bag this is what it looked like.



I thought this was a clever idea to hang the outfits and shoes on a clothes line.

Addie danced with her new friends. She was too cute when she was watching their feet and trying to do what they were doing.



We had a great time. Even though I could not understand what was being said most of the time because everyone was speaking Serbian. I brought lots of food home for Bill. I was introduced as Bill's wife because they all seem to remember Bill.


My neighbor made me a birthday cake. She left it on the front porch with a gift for me. It was so sweet of her. She gave me a scrapbooking book.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes! Have a happy Memorial day!

3 comments:

Judy said...

Looks like she got lots of nice things. And that cake is something else.

Lucy Filet said...

That cake is adorable! I'm just learning cake decorating and I hope I can get to the point where I can make babies like that.

I wonder if Serbian is close to Polish. I could have come and sat with you and translated:).

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! Now that's a shower! That cake looks amazing! I love that gift with the clothes on the clothes line! How clever!