Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Anybody got plans on how to build an ark?

Yes, I am still alive. I don't know why I haven't posted in a week. Shame on me!

It has been an interesting week. First, I have to say where does all the time go? I thought there would be plenty of time to do all the things on my list but the days just fly by. Okay, last week I was a little lazy. I will admit it.

Recapping the highlights:
Wednesday 4/2--Went to the unemployment office and got signed up. My body was sore from doing the housework the day before. I didn't get much accomplished the rest of the day. Rained throughout the day.

Thursday 4/3--I went grocery shopping. I went through all my coupons. I spent way too much time at the grocery store. I came home and had to put up the massive amounts of groceries. On a plus note, I did save over a $100.00 between coupons and store savings. I started watching American Gangster. Then I went to the library and browsed around before picking up Addie. Bill worked from home that day..so I wasn't very motivated.

Thursday night--Severe weather in the state. We made two trips to the basement because tornado sirens were going off. We were spared. Parts of the county I live in were not so lucky. The tornado barely missed my in laws house. One of the girls I worked with lived in a trailer park that was hit bad. It looks like a war zone! The poor trees were uprooted. And it rained and rained and rained. I think we got about 5 inches of rain.

Friday --Bill was off work. I admit I was just lazy. It was a light night due to all the storms and trying to make sure everyone was okay. I watched some more coverage of the storms. They had to close part of the interstate down for flooding. Mom said it took my sister over 2hours to get to work. Then I finished watching American Gangster. It was a very good movie. I also watched Gone Baby Gone. It was okay. It is not a movie I would watch again.

Saturday -- Bill worked on getting water out of the basement and we went through some stuff that was wet and needed to be pitched. Addie and I went to Home Depot to get some soil and some flowers. (still need to pot the flowers.) Saturday night we went to Bill's parents for dinner for my FIL's birthday.

Sunday --- We worked outside in the yard. Bill cut the grass in the front yard. Then we have decided to disassembled the overgrown weed/flower bed in front since we don't give it the attention it needs. I would much rather put my flowers in pots every year. Less work. I don't have much of a green thumb and neither does Bill. So we started moving rocks. We still have lots more rocks to move. I saw a #2%$ snake. It is a garden snake but still a snake. He slithered back down in the weeds. I did not point it out to Addie because she would have tried to play with it.

Monday--A beautiful day. I worked on laundry most of the day. I picked up the house and swept all the floors. I changed the sheets on Addie's bed. I picked up trash along the fence line. We live on a corner lot. A pretty busy corner lot so we get people's litter. I swept the rest of the grass off the driveway. I watched a movie that afternoon. It was called We Own the Night. It was pretty good. I tried a new recipe that I found in the coupons. It was pretty good. It was called simply Salsa Chicken and rice.
http://www.successrice.com/en-us/recipes/145/SimplySalsaChickenandRice.aspx

Tuesday--Forecast: Rain. It started off as a pretty day but the forecast for the next couple of days was rain, rain and more rain. I decided it was time to haul some crap to the dump. I called my father in law to see if I could borrow a truck. He said I could. So I gathered up all the trash to get it ready to haul. Then I had to go get the truck. It has been 3 years since I have driven a standard. And this was my old truck that we sold to my father in law. But it is like riding a bike..you don't forget. Bill asked me if I knew how to get to the dump. I had to ask him if they moved it recently. Of course I know where the dump is. It has been awhile since I have been there but I have been several times. It is always an experience going to the dump..excuse me, the land fill. I loaded up that little truck and even had to put a box in the front seat with me to get it to all of it fit. It started raining a little after I left the dump. I ended up talking to my father in law for about an hour after I returned the truck. This afternoon I finally started tackling my paper piles. I needed to gather up all the paperwork to do our taxes. Nothing like waiting to the last minute to file taxes. I have my paperwork sorted by types and need to go through it more and get it either filed or shredded. Although I did my fair share of shredding today. I know I keep more papers than I need to but I need to go through my files and pull out the old stuff and shred. It has rained off and on all day. This evening it stormed.

The weather forecast predicts storms and severe weather over the next two days. It is raining right now. I am sick of rain. Friday it is suppose to clear off and be pretty for the next 4 days. Hopefully we will be able to dry out some more.

I need to get ready for a crop I am going to on Saturday. I plan to work on the ATC's for Amy swap so I can get those mailed out next week.

Sorry for the long post and I promise not to go a week without posting again.

4 comments:

Judy said...

Let me know when you find plans for the ark 'cause it sure looks like we are going to need one.

Your Momma has this little tip for you...before you go to bed, make a to do list of things to do the next day (take it one day at time). Then check the items off the list as you complete them. The list can be as simple as make the beds, sweep the floor, clean bathroom, etc. but checking them off as you finish gives you a real sense of accomplishment. I find I get a lot more accomplished when I do this. Also, sometimes your Daddy will look at the list and do something that is on the list. And yes, I've got to work on getting myself to start doing this again.

Lucy Filet said...

Your momma's a smart woman (but you knew that;). I have a daily to do list, that's laminated, and I check it off as I go and can wipe it clean when the next time rolls around. I could probably describe that better...I have one for each day with all the normal stuff on it (like change sheets, clean bathroom). Works really well for me...except when I get behind, then I spend forever catching up...like I'm doing right now.

Anyway, glad to have you back! I know how life gets away like that;).

Lesli said...

Sounds like it was one incredibly busy week!!! I hope the weather passes soon for you - we could sure use some of that moisture here! And SNAKE - OOOOOAAAAACKKK - I would have run screaming!

Lisa said...

I was getting worried about you, but it sounds like you have just been super busy, that what happens when you don't go work! There is always more work at home and it sounds like you are looking for it. Slow down, get to scrapping!