http://amysorensen.typepad.com/the_english_geek/2007/12/christmas-wri-2.html
I don't have too many memories of Santa Claus going up because I was raised in a Jewish household. My first memory about Santa Claus is when we went to my uncle's house (my mom's brother) for Christmas when I was five years old. I remembered we went for a drive on Christmas Eve to look at Christmas lights and when we returned I was told Santa Claus had been there and left the presents for us. I was so mad and disappointed that I had missed seeing Santa Claus. How could Santa visit while we were gone?!?!!
I do have one picture of me and Santa Claus that was taken at my elementary school. My Jewish family thought it was quite humorous that the little Jewish white girl had her picture taken with a black Santa Claus.

Now that I have my own daughter, I have made it a point every year that she has her picture taken with Santa. She is 3 years old this year. I think it is a great tradition at Christmas to have a picture taken with Santa.

This is my daughter's first Santa picture. It was taken by a friend of mine. Her name is Dawn Simmons. This is her website: http://www.dawnsimmons.com/








2 comments:
Hi Robin! I think that your tradition of taking your daughter to see Santa is great. She will love seeing herself grow in each yearly picture.
Thanks for sharing your Santa memory! Your picture with Santa is priceless.
I'm looking back at your old posts (trying to get to know you a little better;) and I saw this picture of you with black Santa and do you know I have one too? The only picture that my parents have of me with Santa (my parents were REALLY cheap and/or poor) was when I was 4 or 5 with black Santa. My Australian family thought it was very bizarre...one of my memories from childhood.
Post a Comment