Christmas Writing Challenge #6: An Overdue Thank-You Letter
Writing Prompt: Write a letter to someone who made one, a few, or all of your childhood Christmases special, thanking them for what they did.
I had totally forgotten about this dear couple that lived down from the street from me. They were like an aunt and uncle to me. I spent many of days at their house. I would dog sit for them when they were out of town. For some reason they popped into my head. I have looked them up on http://www.whitepages.com/ and found their address. I do plan to send the letter to them.
Dear Barbara and Ross,
Thank you letting me part of your Christmases in the past. I had forgotten about this until I started participating in a writing challenge online. You would include me in your holiday festitivies. I remember my favorite was coming to help decorate the tree. But I did enjoy it all. I guess what I love best was the fact you included me in your family. It was always nice that I could come to your home and just be with you. I am sorry we have lost contact since you moved away.
I know it has been along time since we spoke and saw each other. Mom and Dad still live in the same house. They are both doing well. Dad is semi retired. He does odd and ends jobs. Mom is looking foward to retiring in a few years. I am married have been married for 8 years to my husband. We have a beautiful 3 year old daughter. My sister has 4 children now, two sons, 1 step-son and a 4 year old daughter. Mom has enjoyed sewing for the granddaughters now.
I hope all is well with your family and would love a chance to see you again.
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








1 comment:
Robin..glad you were able to use WhitePages.com to find your neighbors address. Always good to hear of others using our product and service to reconnect with special people in their lives. Very cool. Hope you have a wonderful Holiday season.
John Lusk
WhitePages.com
Post a Comment