For the better part of this morning, I was singing Captain and Tenille's Love Will Keep Us Together.
"Love, Love will keep us together
Think of me babe whenever
Some sweet talkin' girl comes along singin' his song
Don't mess around,
You just got to be strong
Just Stop, 'cause I really love You
Stop, I'll be thinking of you
Look in my heart and let love keep us together..."
Now, you are probably asking yourself why was she singing this particular song. Because this morning on my way to work the DJs were talking about Captain and Tenille's Muskrat Love. One of the DJs was claiming to say he had never heard of Captain and Tenille. Really, you don't remember Captain and Tenille Show which was a weekly variety showed that aired in 1976-1977???? Ah...come on now. The DJ is only a couple of years younger than I am. The other DJ gave him a hard time..so she started playing other Captain and Tenille songs. I was singing along with them.
Anyway, that was my big excitement today. Other than that it was just a normal day at work. Addie is spending the night with her Gram. She is out of school tomorrow so Gram is keeping her. It gives me a little break from our nightly routine. I can read some more of the blogs from other people taking Shimelle's class. YIPPIE!!!!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
Love Captain and Tenille!!!!!!!!!
Great song - I think this might end up stuck in my head all day ;)
Post a Comment