Friday, April 24, 2009

Phone Scam! Beware

I received a call just a few minutes ago. He told me my computer was running slow. I told him this was nothing wrong with my computer. He insisted that he had been informed it was running slow. I told him if he knew this information than he illegally broke into my house to get this information. I repeated this each time he told me my computer was running slow. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he refused. I told him if this was a legitimate business he would let me speak to a supervisor. I also told him several times to remove my phone number from his call list and to never call my phone number again. I did not want him to solicate my business and if there was a problem with my computer that I would take care of it myself. Finally he said that he would remove my name from the phone list and he was telling me to have a good day. This is the 4th call we have received. My husband received the first one and figured out it was a scam. The last two times they have called my husband has said a few choice words and hung up the phone. Hopefully this will be the last call but I doubt it.

1 comment:

Lesli said...

Thanks for the info - it is amazing to me what people come up with to scam others.