Sunday, August 3, 2008

MIA

Yes, I have been missing this week. But I have been exhausted from starting my new job. After being off work for 4 months, it is an adjustment to get back into a routine. But I am glad to be working again. I really like what I am doing. The attorney I am working for has only been at the firm for 3 months. She is starting a bankruptcy division in the firm. The firm is known for personal injury, medical malpractice, Social security issues, etc. So, there is a lot of set up we are doing now. My coworkers are very nice and helpful. I am grateful for that.

I haven't had time to be creative this week. Wednesday my neighbor told me she was having a yard sale and if I wanted to bring over some of Addie's outgrown clothes she would sale them for me. Thursday I took them over to her house along with some card tables for her to use. She has a son Addie's age. We ended up staying over there for awhile because Addie and her son were playing. Friday night I kept my niece while my sis and BIL went out to eat. Then they took Addie home with them for her to spend the night.

Now I really need to have my head examine. My neighbor did well with yard sale on Friday and she was going to have it again on Saturday. Saturday morning I pulled out the stuff I had from my last yard sale that didn't sale. (It was a big flop--only one person came by) I took my stuff over there and set up shop. The early morning time temp was okay............but then it got to be over 100 degrees. I about had a heat stroke. About 11:30 my other neigbor came over and asked us if we wanted more stuff to sale because he had quite a lot of stuff that someone had given him and he was going to take it to a non-profit group. He said if we wanted to sale it would could keep the morning and it would be our "blessing." We said okay. OMG..he brought a ton of stuff. I actually kept a few items out of the stuff. We sold about 3rd of the items too! I went to my other neighbor and asked if she wanted the leftover stuff to try to sale at her next yard sale she could have it and keep the money and consider it her "blessing." She said she would! But being outside for most of the day in 100 degree weather about did me end.

Late yesterday evening Addie and I came up to my Gramma's house to spend the night. My aunt and uncle have gone on vacation this week. My Gramma feels more comfortable with someone with her most of the time. One day she fell and spend several hours on the floor trying to get to her cell phone. So, I told Dad I would come up to spend last night and Monday night with her this week to help him out. And I also kept my niece again last night while my sis and BIL went out to eat with friends to celebrate someone's birthday. Gramma enjoyed watching my niece and Addie play.

Well that is my book for this morning. I am looking out the window and my aunt's dog (golden retrivier) is lying in a chair staring at me. I guess he would like me to feed him now. I have let them out of their room to enjoy the outdoors before it gets too hot today. Temp is to be 104 with a heat index of 115!! It is 7:30 now and already 80 degrees with a heat index of 84.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm glad your new job is working out well. This heat is unbearable isn't it? I can't believe you had a yard sale, I hate to go outside even for a minute!

Lucy Filet said...

I'm very happy that your job is working out for you!

It's been hot here too, but hot for Poland not hot for the Southern U.S. My FIL has been making fun of us when we say it's hot. But then when he realized that 90 degrees feels really hot when you can't escape it because AC is not that common here, he's stopped making fun.

wendy said...

I SO need to have a yard sale...but they are a lot of work. And MAN that is H-O-T!