Amy aka Caffinated Cropper has a giveaway on her blog. In order for a chance to win you have to blog about something you are grateful for. I have been wanting to blog about this for awhile and here is the perfect opportunity.
A couple of weekends ago I was not in the best of mood. Unfortunately, I was extra hard on my daughter for her doing four year old mistakes. She spent some time in her bedroom in time out. Now mind you when she is in her bedroom she can play with her toys. It is the worse punishment for her for some reason. She likes to be were the action is I guess. I mean it can't be that bad of punishment if she can play with all her toys but just in her room. But that day she brought this....
A couple of weekends ago I was not in the best of mood. Unfortunately, I was extra hard on my daughter for her doing four year old mistakes. She spent some time in her bedroom in time out. Now mind you when she is in her bedroom she can play with her toys. It is the worse punishment for her for some reason. She likes to be were the action is I guess. I mean it can't be that bad of punishment if she can play with all her toys but just in her room. But that day she brought this....

She told me she had put the others on the table by my bed. I was only half paying attention to her and told her thank you. I didn't think any more of it. Later I went to bed. I saw the papers on my table. I remembered her telling me she put them there.
The drawings are priceless. I scanned each of them. I felt guilty about how I had been with her that day. I went back into her room where she was sleeping and gave her a kiss.


Wednesday morning was a really bad morning. I left to take Addie to preschool than me to work. As we pulled out of the drive way and started down the street I heard a strange noise coming from the rear of the car. As I turned the corning my neighbor called me on the cell phone to tell me the passenger rear tire was flat. I drove over to the service station that was a couple of blocks away. The tire was flat. I aired it back up and drove home. I told Bill what had happened. I know he is extremely busy at work and has been working long hours. I told him I was going to Wal-Mart to have it replaced. (Last oil change I had them fix the tire because there was a slow leak.) He said he would take it to the place where he got tires for his vehicle and have all the tires replaced. So I had to do the big switch-a-roo of his stuff to my car and my stuff to his. And I emptied some of the stuff in my trunk in case he had to pull the spare out. Now Addie and I are ready to go...so I go like I normally go to take her to preschool. BIG MISTAKE! It took me 5 minutes to make a left turn..lots of traffic at that time. I said a few choice words out loud and then had to tell Addie not to repeat what Momma just said. As we turned the corner in a hurry, my purse fell to the floor board. AGH! I get Addie to school. I get myself to work. I am only 10 minutes late. As I am collecting my purse contents, I find my little notebook turned to this page...

This made me smile and remember how grateful I am to have her. I am not sure when
*I didn't need new tires but instead they fixed the leak (again) and replaced the shocks. It was very much needed. Friday I had to have the back brakes replaced too.









2 comments:
Isn't it funny how they are so small but can give you so much perspective. So sweet, thanks for sharing!
That's so sweet! They always do things unintentionally to tell us that they really are little blessings!
Post a Comment