Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First day of school

Today is the first day of school for Addie. I can't believe she is starting kindergarten. My baby girl is growing up. I have had mixed emotions today. I am excited for Addie starting kindergarten but a little sad too. Last night was the kindergarten open house. We met her teacher, Mrs. Daugherty. We took her school supplies. I had tons of paperwork to fill out after we got home. Basically the same information on the different forms but is for different people. My hand was tired after all the writing. Addie did cling to me a little last night but I assured her I was not leaving her then. We went around the room and found her cubbie.

This morning I took Addie to school. Of course, it was the normal coaxing her out of bed. Once she is up, she is good. When we got to school, we met my sister in the hallway. She had dropped off my niece, SB. Joy took a picture of SB and Addie in the hallway. (I need to get a copy of that pic.) Then Addie gave Aunt Joy a kiss. SB and Addie are in separate classes. We requested that they were not in the same class. (They fight like sisters and I don't think we would want to purposely torture a teacher that way.) We went into Addie's class. Mrs. D greeted us.
Addie by her cubbie. (She is standing in front of her name so you can't see it. Her basket in the bottom.

Addie and her teacher, Mrs. Daugherty

Addie clung to me a bit. It takes Addie a little while to warm up to new people. I hung around the class for 30 minutes. Addie played with some toys that Mrs. D had set out for the children. I tried to get her to play with the other children but Addie was being shy. Before I left a little boy starting playing with her. Addie did well. She didn't cry. I starting tearing up when I was telling her goodbye. I can't wait to hear how her day went even though I know I will have to drag it out of her.







The children are waiting for the morning announcements and the pledge.

1 comment:

Judy said...

What great pics of Addie's first day in Kindergarten. They'll make great scrapbook lo's. It's so hard to believe that Addie and Sarabeth are now in kindergarten. Time really flies by. I can't wait to hear about her day.